Tuesday, July 19, 2011

What should I look for in an ideal Tae Kwon Do studio?

Hi, I am a second degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon do. My original studio was great,and i liked it very much. In the last few years though,a new grandmaster took over,and it was very below what i wanted.it turned into a belt mill babysitter club.everybody passed tests no matter what,yearly contracts, "black belt club" ect. I quit for 1 year and now i joined a new dojo. This one was much better in my opinion. I learned more in a month than i could ask for. The problem though was that they lacked in many, many things. One, There was no self defense,grappling,ground fighting,or anything. The only thing they taught was tournament fighting. Also, they taught nothing in punching. I know a good school should teach all of this and more. Also,my new studio wanted me to pay $129 a month and we have to sign a yearly contract or we cant go. The new studio is also only about 5 years old,and there is only one other black belt,a 1st degree. My goal is to be the best possible fighter i can be,and i really would do anything to achieve this. Please explain what i should look for in a new studio. Thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment